Once in a while we feature promising and innovative internet solutions and recently we got a couple of Tip-offs about an Ad doing the rounds from users on Social Media of an ADSL Alternative offering by Level 7 Internet Services Provider (also check out some of the comments by some users of the service on Social Media although they are not so many to go by yet)
So … what exactly does Level 7 promise the client ? ADSL Internet Connectivity Alternative without the hustles of ADSL installation and connection expenses and waiting periods but wait for it … All for R499 Per Month ! But wait … so what’s the catch here you might wonder ? At this price tag the user can expect to experience speeds at best 3 Mbps Download and 1 Mbps Upload. Still a great offer if you NOT into gaming or Streaming !
So what are the facts about this Product …
Check Area coverage HERE for the Residential Wireless Package.
Residential Wireless internet Prices
Level 7 offers 12 and 24 month contracts on a month to month basis and the Cost is based on the Speed of the Internet Connection a user may wish to get and the rest follows … Speeds available are 3 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 10 Mbps, 15 Mbps and 20 Mbps with each speed coming with two pricing options
- One for the Standard Package with NO Fair Usage Policy applied and Standard/Shaped Peer to Peer, Torrents connections between 07h00 to 00h00 daily)
- The other is Premium Package with Uncapped, Unshaped, No Fair usage policy (FUP) and service is Unlimited and available 24/7
Pricing for Standard and Premium are shown below with their Download and Upload Speeds and corresponding Pricing
Standard Package Download Speed
Standard Package Upload Speed
Pricing Per Month
Premium Package Download
Premium Package Upload Speed
R 1 499
R 1 999
NB- the pricing for one Premium Package is the same pricing used for the next Standard Package.
- Is it for family or business (we will go the family route for now)
- Is it for
- general everyday use like social media and website browsing
- Streaming Video and Audio content
- Or all of the above
- If it is for streaming then what is your Preferred picture quality
- Standard Definition – 480p
- Full High Definition – 1080p
- Ultra High Definition – 4k
After which the Site Wizard displays options for the best speed and pricing for the options selected.
Level 7 offers Standard and Premium deals for the Same Speed at Different Prices and it would be interesting to understand the difference between the two Packages.
For the Standard Package, users visiting certain internet protocols i.e Torrents, News Groups and engaging in Peer to peer downloads may experience restricted speeds (shaped internet access) between 7am and 12 midnight (during office and peak hours of demand) however normal streaming to sites like Netflix, Showmax, Facebook, YouTube etc will NOT be affected.
The Premium Package offers everything in the Standard Package and NO Shaping or restricted access to any sites.